Under general direction, performs leadwork duties in the technical operation, maintenance and repair of various HVAC/R, electrical, plumbing, and auxiliary systems. Troubleshoot and diagnose a variety of complex systems in a widely dispersed building. including but not limited to (Other duties as assigned):
Essential Job Functions (including to but not limited to other duties as assigned):
• Develop policies and procedures to maximize efficient utilization and scheduling maintenance for event requirements
. • Plan and organize long-range assignments for Maintenance.
• Participate in weekly management review meetings with key supervisory staff.
• Implement and maintain programs for inspection of facilities and documentation of work orders including comprehensive Preventative Maintenance Systems.
• Administer outside maintenance and repair contracts.
• Coordinate all inspections with outside regulatory agencies (Fire, Elevator/Escalator, Boiler, Insurance, etc.).
• Assist in developing policies and procedures to monitor and conserve energy consumption and compliance with Utility Contracts.
• Maintain hazardous materials communication program, material Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and required records and permits; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations.
• Uphold all relevant federal, state and local building regulations including EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, NFPA, NEC and ADA regulations.
• Review operation of Purchasing Inventory systems and ensure proper quantities and types of maintenance and show supplies are on hand. Develop and maintain procedures to ensure the Engineering Department orders proper supplies for maintenance and show requirements in a timely manner. Research and recommend equipment, tools, materials and supplies to fulfill the needs of Engineering Department.
• Research and recommend continuing education programs for key technical personnel involved in the operation and maintenance of the building.
• Review all budget expenditures including materials, supplies, equipment, and utility consumption and recommend policies and procedures to promote efficiency.
• Maintain positive working relationships with service contractors, suppliers, utility companies and firms doing business to promote coordinated services to clients.
• Plan, coordinate, and communicate with other departments including services team and subcontractors.
• Assist in implementation of the annual budget for the department. Provide recommendations for Capital Improvement Budget, Capital adds, 5-year plan and yearly operational budget.
• Manage relationships with the City of Jackson departments such as Engineering, Public Works, and Maintenance etc. Qualifications
• Associate degree from a 2-year college or technical school in related field or comparable years of experience. Knowledge of current practices in the maintenance field.
• Ability to work various workdays and hours to meet business needs including early/late hours, long days, weekends, and holidays. Must be reliable and punctual.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write daily logs, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
• HVAC Certification and/or Electrical License preferred. Must have or be able to get the following: CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogen, AED, Forklift Certification • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
• Ability to proficiently utilize Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).